Mobile 0421 580 177
I use a positive, solution-focused approach that I call 'Therapeutic Coaching'. This model is particularly enjoyable, empowering and effective because it progresses you toward practical solutions here and now. It deeply respects your intelligence, personal perspectives and experience, and is very unlike the long-winded psychoanalytical 'therapy' portrayed in movies! I also use nutritional interventions for mood - a potent yet under-applied area of clinical knowledge.
For adults and mature young people 16+ years:
- Quick and generally permanent reduction of work stress
- Alleviation of depression, anxiety and phobias
- Guidance with relationship challenges
- Improvement of mood and thinking using nutrition
- Solutions for other challenging emotional and practical issues
- Support for illness recovery or management. Specialty in ME/CFS/CFIDS (No it's NOT all in your head! See article: https://shrinkwrap.blog/healing-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-cfs/)
CBT, HeartMath, Interpersonal, REBT, Solution Oriented
'Therapeutic Coaching' draws on the best of three techniques: Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Solution-focused Counselling and business-style coaching.
The difference is the strong emphasis it places on respecting your unique circumstances, intelligence and perspectives. My job is to assist your insight, problem-solving and recovery. I aim to move you quickly through whatever is going on and bring you out stronger, wiser, and with tangible, practical solutions.
I also use Nutrichology, the essential yet usually overlooked foundation of healthy mood, and some movement-based techniques.
I have long since lost count of the courses I've done and the tomes of reading material I've consumed!
I am a dedicated (some may say obsessive) personal and professional self-developer, with a deep thirst for knowledge and understanding - and for finding the best way, rather than necessarily the common way.
I have a reputation for friendly professionalism and getting tangible results, quickly.
I am a Registered Psychologist who works privately with people referred by GPs and self-referred members of the public, as well as with executives via my corporate organisational psychology practice (https://insightmatters.com). I've been doing this for over 20 years.
Before establishing Insight Matters in 2000 I was:
- Technical Director and Senior Corporate Psychologist, McKenzie Consulting Group
- Occupational Psychologist, Saville & Holdsworth (SHL), SE Asia
- Lecturer, Singapore Institute of Commerce
- Research Psychologist in Biopsychology (Nutrition) & Organisational Psychology (Counselling), Leeds University, UK
Avalon (Northern Beaches nr Newport, Bayview, Palm Beach): 9.30am to 6.00pm most days.
Crows Nest (Lower North Shore nr North Sydney): 10.00am to 6.00pm some days.
Call or request an appointment here: https://stephaniethompson.com.au/appointment
- AVALON: Express bus to Palm Beach, or easy drive via Wakehurst Parkway. Free parking.
- CROWS NEST: St Leonards train station or many buses. Free 2hr parking.
- Anywhere via SKYPE: Please see 'PsychCam' on web site, or call to arrange.
Adult 1.5 hr session (recommended): $298
Economy/youth 1 hr session: $210
Medicare rebates available with a referral from your GP or Psychiatrist, plus private health insurer rebates.
Full fee payable for missed session without 24 hrs notice.
Cash, Visacard, Mastercard or AMEX.
I use a positive, solution-focused approach that I call 'Therapeutic Coaching'. This model is particularly enjoyable, empowering and effective because it progresses you toward practical solutions here and now. It deeply respects your intelligence, personal perspectives and experience, and is very unlike the long-winded psychoanalytical 'therapy' portrayed in movies! I also use nutritional interventions for mood - a potent yet under-applied area of clinical knowledge....