"Directory" means the Directory on the Website;
"Goodtherapy" means Good Therapy Australia (ACN 116 421 106 );
"Person" means a natural person, firm, body corporate, partnership (whether limited or otherwise), joint venture, trust, an unincorporated association and any authority;
"Practitioner" means a Person who is registered with Goodtherapy and fulfils the professional eligibility criteria for that Person's field of practice as specified on the Member Join page of the Website;
"User" means each person who uses the Website; and
"Website" means the Goodtherapy Website.
- Goodtherapy operates the Website as an online resource dedicated to the provision of readily accessible information relating to mental health and the services of community organisations and practitioners working in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. The information published about individuals, organisations or training providers on the Website is information supplied by those individuals, organisations or training providers and Goodtherapy cannot ensure either the truth or the accuracy of the information provided.
- The Website has been written, edited and published and is made available to all persons and entities strictly on the basis that Goodtherapy excludes any liability to any person or entity for any loss or damage arising out of any reliance, in part or in full, by such person or entity, in respect of any of the contents of the Website, including without limitation the Directory for any purpose whatsoever.
- The information provided on the Website is for educational and personal use of a general nature only and is not intended to replace sound professional or medical advice.
- The diagnosis of mental health disorders requires trained medical professionals. The information contained within the Website should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional care in the diagnosis and treatment of mental health disorders.
- Any opinions, diagnoses or other information provided in articles by authors or contributors to the Website are their own and their appearance on the Website in no way represents an endorsement by Goodtherapy of the truth or accuracy of that information.
- Users should consult and follow the advice of their doctor or other health care professional at all times. Neither the information provided here, nor any contribution or comment by any User to the Website and found on the Website, should be relied upon by any User for doing or failing to do anything.
- By using the Website, the User agrees that they will not use the Website for any purpose, which would violate any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Users who use any of the interactive areas on the Website are solely responsible for their communications and the consequences of posting those communications on the Website. Goodtherapy does not assume any liability or responsibility for the consequences of such communications.
- Copyrighted material of any nature may not be posted on the Website without the express consent of the owners of the copyright of that material.
Interactions with Practitioners
- If a User chooses to interact with a Practitioner through the Website, the User's relationship is strictly with that Practitioner and Goodtherapy is not involved in any way in that relationship. Goodtherapy does not endorse or recommend any Practitioner on the Website. Goodtherapy advises and encourages the User to check the certification and/or licensing of the Practitioner with the applicable State licensing board or other relevant authority. Goodtherapy also advises the User to verify that the relevant Practitioner has current professional indemnity insurance coverage.
- The User acknowledges that Practitioners listed or profiled on the Website are not employees or agents of Goodtherapy and Goodtherapy assumes no responsibility for any act or omission of any Practitioner.
- The User acknowledges that, although a Practitioner may have been accessed by the User through the Website, Goodtherapy cannot predict or assess a Practitioner's competence and appropriateness for the User's needs. The User assumes full responsibility for any decision by the User to access a Practitioner through the Website and to continue to interact with the Practitioner, The role of Goodtherapy is strictly limited to providing access to Practitioner's and their services for the User's consideration.
- By using the Website the User releases and agrees to hold harmless Goodtherapy, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, advisors, consultants, and assigns from any and all causes of action and claims of any nature resulting from the acts of Practitioners accessed through the Website.
- Events advertised or referred to on the Website are not being promoted by Goodtherapy unless that is specifically indicated on the Website to be the case. Goodtherapy is not responsible for any loss or disappointment suffered by any individual or entity due to cancellation of an event or of the failure of the event advertised on the Website to meet the User's or any other person's expectations.
- The Website contains profiles created by third parties. These profiles may contain links to other websites, Goodtherapy does not make any representation, warranty, or endorsement of any product or the content or accuracy of any materials contained in, or linked to, any advertisement on the Website.
- The only information Goodtherapy obtains about individual visitors to this Website is that supplied voluntarily by you.
In cases where Goodtherapy may need personal information to provide you with customised content or to inform you about new features or services, you are explicitly asked for that information.
Personally identifiable information provided by you (name, e-mail or address, etc.) will not be disclosed to anyone unless you indicate that Goodtherapy may do so.
Only statistical information about our visitors as a group (usage habits, demographics) may be shared with any associated group. Personally identifiable information will not be shared at any time without your permission.
Whilst Goodtherapy employs security measures to safeguard online transactions, Goodtherapy cannot be held responsible for the accidental or criminal acquisition of any such information by another party.
State and Federal law requires that any suspicion of risk of child abuse be reported to child welfare authorities or law enforcement authorities. If we, or the counsellors, believe that a child is at risk of being abused, has already been abused, or that someone who previously abused children is still a threat, we have no choice but to immediately make every effort possible to report it to social services agencies and/or the police.
State and Federal courts have the power to subpoena our records and a counsellor's records if you are involved in a court case in which your relationship with Goodtherapy or the mental health professional is somehow relevant. Although this may be rare, if you have any questions, it is better to contact your lawyer prior to disclosing any information you may deem private.
If someone's life is in danger, we will attempt to report it. This applies to potential cases of suicide or homicide.
In order to provide you with greater value, Goodtherapy may provide links to various third party Websites. However, Goodtherapy exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. Goodtherapy assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. Similarly, Goodtherapy cannot take responsibility for the privacy initiatives or the content of such websites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk.
If you have any questions about Goodtherapy's Privacy Statement, the Website, or your dealings with the Website, you can contact us
via phone or email.