Master of Science in Medicine (Psychotherapy)
Mobile 0415 891 346
I work gently, respectfully and confidentially with clients to help them move beyond psychological and existential pain and suffering to lead more vital and fulfilling lives. My approach is collaborative, relational, and research-based. It focuses on fine attunement to the client's specific needs, goals, and feelings, as well as the client's safety and growing sense of self-agency.
I manage a private practice in psychotherapy & counselling, in the Blue Mountains. My consultation rooms are in Warrimoo, NSW. I provide therapeutic services in 3 main areas: for individuals, couples & consultation.
(1) I offer short, medium, & longer-term counselling & psychotherapy for individuals in the following areas:
* Trauma & Abuse
* Grief & Loss
* Relationship Issues
* Lifestyle Changes
* Work-related issues
* Deeper, more complex issues: Complex Trauma, Personality Disorders, Dissociative Disorders.
(2) Couple Counselling
(3) Consultations / Debriefing Sessions for busy Professionals
Conversational Model, Interpersonal, Marriage and Family, Narrative Therapy, Person Centred, Psychoanalytic, Psychodynamic
I'm a contemporary psychoanalytic / psychodynamic psychotherapist. My approach is collaborative, conversational, client-centred, and relational. It is grounded in a safe, gentle, respectful and highly attuned way of relating, which privileges deep listening, the expression of feelings and works at the client's pace. It aims wherever possible to follow the client - rather than lead. The goal is to foster a sense of self-agency & sometimes to integrate past trauma & physical & emotional neglect.
Importantly, I don't use a "one-size-fits all" approach, because what each client finds useful and helpful - even from session to session - varies considerably.
Client feedback is encouraged and valued in the spirit of true collaboration.
I have regular clinical supervision of the highest calibre.
I'm an ANZAP Registered Psychotherapist ® .
I actively seek feedback to ensure clients are meeting their goals for therapy.
Investing in ongoing professional development ensures I'm conversant with new methods, research & theory.
I'm a passionate advocate & participant of lifelong learning & education.
My current research project examines the role of writing in the development of self & recovery from trauma.
Over the past 20 years I've had valuable experience in the following areas:
* Individual, Couple & Family Counselling and Psychotherapy for a wide range of issues.
* Treatment of Complex Trauma, Personality Disorders, Dissociation, PTSD, CPTSD
* Working with Adult Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse & Domestic Violence
* Working with Professionals suffering from Vicarious Traumatisation, Burnout & Work-Related Stress.
* Conflict Resolution - Mediation & Family Dispute Resolution in a Family Law Environment
* Working therapeutically with Post-Separated Families including children
* Former Child Consultant
* Facilitating Therapeutic Groups
* Providing Professional Training, Supervision
* Consultancy for not-for-profit organisation
Call now to book a free 15-minute phone consultation:
* To discuss any questions you may have about the process of therapy
* To determine if you would like to book a session.
* You can also email me to book an appointment: email@example.com
* There is parking on site.
* Wheelchair access.
* Consultation rooms are approximately 20 mins from Penrith; 10 mins from Springwood; 6 mins from Glenbrook; 30 mins from Wentworth Falls; 40 mins from Katoomba; and 7 mins from Blaxland.
Please telephone to discuss my fee structure and session length.
Extended and after-hours sessions are available.
Some Private Health Insurance benefits may be available. There are no Medicare rebates, however
* Cash or EFTPOS.
Psychotherapist, Relationship Therapist
Karen is a psychodynamic psychotherapist & an ANZAP Registered Psychotherapist ® specialising in Individual Psychotherapy, Couple Counselling & Consultation with Professionals. Karen holds a number of postgraduate degrees, including a Master of Science in Medicine (Psychotherapy) from the University of Sydney. Karen specialises in working with complex cases & complex / developmental trauma. She is also a member of IARPP. ISSTD, MACA & is listed on the ARCAP register. ...