Good Therapy Australia is a not-for-profit organisation and health promotion charity...
dedicated to awakening awareness, creativity and responsibility.
Guided by the following principles:
- Ongoing sustainability is facilitated by our values, beliefs, attitudes and actions.
- Each person's intention and quality of presence affects the spirit and balance of the whole.
- Capacity for rest, reflection, release, and reform is essential to our individual and collective well-being.
- Initiation and participation in creative and philanthropic endeavours can cultivate clarity, compassion and purpose.
Good Therapy Australia seeks to:
- Establish programmes that encourage meaningful connections with, and amongst mentors and mental health professionals.
- Generate opportunities for developing interpersonal intelligence and social responsibility in schools and communities.
- Sponsor an open and inclusive forum for exploring the integrity of education, counselling and psychotherapy.
- Act as an advocate for pro bono services provided by accredited practitioners.
What we believe We believe the qualities that make up each person are simultaneously unique and universal.
We believe that our attitudes and actions as individuals foreshadow the health and well being of our communities - locally and globally. All aspects of our humanity, including the cultural environment in which we work and live, impact on the planet as a whole.
We believe that limiting one's world to one's self, has never been a sustainable option. Paradoxically, taking responsibility for one's self is the most profound and effective way to make a difference in the world.
Good Therapy's vision is for this awareness to be awakened in the hearts and minds of Australians; and embodied in a wholistic approach that encourages understanding and embraces integrity.
We believe that compassion is the essence of integrity, and integrity is our only hope.
What we do
We aim to make good therapy more accessible; to provide Australians with a resource that enables them to find the best possible support for developing self awareness and social responsibility.
Good Therapy's online directory allows anyone looking for a counsellor, psychotherapist or psychologist to browse the profiles of accredited practitioners in any part of Australia. Our comprehensive profiling system maximises the chance of a close match between client and therapist.
Personal assistance via email or telephone is also available to those who request it.
How you can help
We need the help of the wider community to continue and develop the work we are doing.
Become a network patron
Tell others! Friends, family, work colleagues, teachers, your doctor - anyone with computer access can benefit from using Good Therapy's services. If you know someone who is a counsellor, psychologist or psychotherapist, please mention us to them also.
Choose to make a difference! Everyone knows someone who is struggling with personal issues of one kind or another. Without pressuring, gently encourage friends and family to seek support when they need it. You will be all the more believable if you yourself have taken the time to connect with practitioners in your area. It is not necessary to have a problem. In fact, you may find that this is the best time to establish a working relationship with a counsellor or therapist.
Knowing there is someone you can turn to when life throws you a curve ball can only be a good thing. So why wait?
Contact us for a Good Therapy Advocate pack
Click here to make a donation (donations over $2 are tax deductible)
Phone (08) 9258 8292 for information on how to become a Corporate or Small Business Sponsor